Hey Brother,
It's been a pretty awesome couple of weeks since last I updated. Oh wait it's only been one week.
Rode the train to and from Baltimore for U2 on Wednesday, worked out perfectly. Went up there with Keith and Jo, and hit this incredible bar called Quigleys per Justin's recommendation. Pretty much the perfect pre-U2 bar, playing only U2 and offering a $6 dollar Boh & Jameson shot. Knocked 3 of those back and was thoroughly...drunk.
Walked in right after Florence & The Machine stopped playing. Usually I hate to miss an opener, but for these huge shows for bands like U2 the sound is never completely full for the opener and they only play 30-35 minutes. If I'm going to like Florence & The Machine then I'll like them in a smaller venue. Having said that, the woman looked like this. Although, if you Google-image her, then she's hot.
One more beer and I was ready to enjoy the fuck out of the show. It was an amazing time, I must say. Could have asked more from the setlist, but they played the songs perfectly, and the spectacle was gorgeous.
Made it home at 2:30am, passed the fuck out, made it to work "on time."
Had a pretty sweet weekend for the most part. Friday I went out with Garber, Jon Mayer, and his girlfriend Joan to Angles. Put a few pitchers back, played cards, chilled. I started being a loud asshole to combat these other loud assholes, and this chick threw a coaster at me. She came over and said shit that I can't even remember, and then I thought things were fine but I guess the d-bags she was with were interested in some sort of conflict. I don't even see the point of what happened as it was clear no one was going to fight, but they had words with Mayer and we had to break it up a little bit. A shitty thing to happen in such an incredible bar. They were loud dicks, I became a louder dick, and then it could have been let go with me being the louder dick but then they went ahead and totally out-dicked me. Nothing really happened, I apologized to the tarbenders and we split. Totally not the fight worth fighting, and definitely not the place worth having it. Wouldn't want to get black-listed from one of the few bars we actually go to on that strip. Went to Soussi, I had one more beer, abstained from the hookah, then went home and passed out.
Saturday was pretty awesome, P'd the B, ate incredible breakfast, and completely destroyed the fuck out of the gym. 2 miles on the elliptical, 3 miles on the bike, lifted every single weight that I possibly could, and then ran 3 miles. Holy shit.
After that, P'd the B and watched Planet Terror, and some of Death Proof. Weird that Grindhouse came out in 2007, jeez. Also, I wanted to call Death Proof Death Blow. "Man, we're missin' the Death Blow!"
After that I headed to Bella to tarbend, but like I told you, it sucked. Complete rookies. Stiffed several times. So I started over-charging. $10 bucks for this "Pink X" liquor drink. That was hilarious. There was one awesome couple, left me a $10 dollar tip on a $15 dollar check, and they drove me home so we could P the B. It was actually pretty refreshing finding some awesome people. I'll probably never see them again, they live north of Baltimore.
Sunday was fairly chill, parents, dinner, back home, Asylum, etc. There's something so satisfying about drinking cold Budweiser bottles. It's pretty incredible. Especially when the tattooed dude next to me was drinking "Twisted Tea." Fine high with that shoose.
Short week for me, I'm off to Superball IX at the butt-crack of dawn on Thursday. I have some preparing/shopping to do on Tuesday, and then I'm bartending Wednesday night. Have to be at Flora's by 6am. Should be pretty hilarious, but the money will be helpful. I can relax when camp is set up and I have beers in hands.
Also, your DC Collective backpack is incredible, and I have been using the shoose out of it 2000 dot gov. I'm going to have to get one of these things. I'm officially done with shoulder bags because of this backpack.
Alright, that's all for now, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is nothing more satisfying than drinking a cold Budweiser bottle.
ReplyDelete