Hey Brother,
The title pretty much sums up the past couple of weeks. I mean, I'd like to think by now that you could just fill in the blanks.
The beach was a pretty fucking good time. Does my use of superfluous cursing mar the blog in any way? Tigas.
Arrived around 6am Saturday morning after leaving the District at 2:30am. Blake & Janelle, pretty on time!
It was a pretty hilarious drive, took no time at all, with no traffic. Got there and Vicki Courlang was overjoyed at the sight of us; kept us up another hour with her gift of not being able to not talk.
After an amazing 3 or so hours of sleep, we hit the beach. The water is freezing, the weather is warm, I was able to get several 2-3 minute sessions in the water, but if I had stayed in any longer my nuts would not have survived.
Memorial Day weekend is just not the time to go to the beach, brother. Well, the actual beach was fine. Heets, families, etc. We drank beers with no problem.
But for the love of fuck stay away from any bar down there. I didn't even go near Seacrets. But one night we did the Bottle & Cork, which was right across the street from The Gold Leaf, aka the best hotel of all time.
Talk about a serious shit-show. Surrounded by pod-people. Dude-bro-pod-people. Not that I was over-thinking it or anything. Once I got a little drunk I could enjoy the madness/Sparta a little more. The floor was covered in crushed beer cans, and the little joy I got out of that place came from crushing the cans under my feet. The cover band was also hilarious. All this said, Seamonsters are totally going to send this venue demo after demo until they book us.
Found a normal bar by the condo, a pizza joint/sports bar with a little live band. Seemingly normal people. Enjoyed some baseball and Budweisers to end the night. West coast game so we got to see the live feed. Then it was off to bed.
Woke up, breakfast, the beach! Blake, Janelle and I ran about 7 miles on the beach. My first David Hasselhoff moment. Running barefoot is quite enjoyable. So that ruled. Then we swam and drank beers and ate subs and pretty much reversed the whole run, but it was worth it. Heineken mini-keg. The usual.
That evening the three of us split some crabs, shrimp, fries, and beer. It was pretty much the greatest night of all times. Then off to the boardwalk. There were a ton of people who just looked like they had taken the wrong turn over and over and over in life. Do I judge too much? Probably. But they deserve it. Holy shit. One dude complimented me on my glasses, though I'm not sure why. And later that night, one dude asked me if the glasses were real. So I stabbed him in the neck. Regrettably I actually didn't do that, but still.
The boardwalk was still hilarious. Don't do a Control-F and look for "hilarious," I use that word too much. That and "fuck." We rode the Tidal Wave, which if you don't remember what that is, then I mean come on. Just give up now. Then we rode the Tilt-A-Whirl. It required 18 tickets for the 3 of us, but we only had 16. Blake and I combined our Jew powers on the dude who didn't give a shit and he let us on the ride. After that Blake and I punched this punching-bag-game-type-deal; there's video on Facebook. Look at it. Now. Too lazy to link it, you'll find it.
After that, back to the sports bar for Budweisers and baseball. Great way to end each night. With normal people. "Normal." Well whatever that means, I didn't feel like a huge minority as when I was standing in the Bottle & Cork witnessing the downfall of human society. I might be exaggerating a little bit.
That pretty much sums up the beach weekend. It felt awesome to get away. I could blog about the next weekend right now, but, I won't just yet. Going to post this one now, and if I feel inspired, I will write some more.
Oh yeah, and I guess I should say something about your engagement.
Love,
Dave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! You guys hung out in Do-me beach? Awesome. Have not been there since our time spent at the gold leaf. Did you take pics in that bar? I will check. Are your glasses real?
ReplyDeleteBest one yet. I want you to make this into an audio book with you reading and Atom narrating. Also, congratulations again, AK!!
ReplyDelete