Monday, May 23, 2011

Fuzzy, Post Pretty Often

Brother!

I'm still alive. How goes?

I've got a lot of ground to cover, so I better P the B and then stare blindly at the screen while I try to remember all the stupid shit I did. Also I will spend a few minutes staring at the calendar trying to piece that past week together. Guess I have 2 weekends to remember, this is not going to be easy. Plus I am cooking dinner, shit is going to be fucking incredible. How good are curse words?

B, P'd.

Let's see if I can remember all this shoose now.

Last post was Thursday the 12th, oops. You need to be pestering me more to write this shit.

Typing on your laptop is fucking incredible by the way.

The weekend of the 13th...

Friday night my friends that I had met on the Israel trip, Josh & Karen, married couple, were in town for Josh's sister's graduation from GW. Met them at Mie N' Yu in Georgetown, place was fucking terrible. Drank an Amstel Light and convinced them to go to Angles. Tried to get them to walk but after about 15 minute we hopped in a cab. Drank a couple pitchers and then Garber, Katie, and Garber's friend Maneesh joined. Josh & Karen left and we continued drinking beers and hanging. No shots. That worked out well. Met up with Mayer and his girlfriend Joan at Asylum, and had a couple more beers. The DC Brau Public Ale! I continue to support it. Can't believe I remember this shoose. After that I went home and passed out.

Woke up kind of early Saturday morning, cooked an amazing breakfast and then borrowed Garber's car to return the Comcast shit. Picked a pretty shitty day to do it as I had to drive past Catholic University during their graduation, twice. On the way there and on the way back. Traffic sucked, but it felt/feels liberating to have gotten rid of cable. Then the RCN guy and I had my reunion with the internet. Had been a funny couple of days with no tv/internet. Just been getting home listening to Phish and reading The Omnivore's Dilemma.

What the fuck did I do Saturday, May 14th? Oh yeah, keg of Bells Oberon at Brian Krist's place, went with Garber, drank a bunch of beers, chatted everyone up, Sus's friends Megan and Carolyn were there, good times. Stayed until the party's end, and walked out alone to find a cab, around 2:30am. Felt great, not blacked out! Then this happened...here's the story told from me to Flora over GChat:

Dave: yeah it only started getting really gray when i got home
it was a pretty funny weekend
9:52 AM one story is pretty good
me: do tell
Dave: i'm embarrassed of the things that i said but they are pretty funny i guess/hope
no blackouts!!!!!!!!!
me: high five!
what are you embarrassed about
9:53 AM Dave: haha i said some pretty out of character things
so
i leave this party saturday night (sunday morning) around 230
and it's over near u street but i was a little turned around, but i eventually made it
to u to find a cab
9:54 AM and then this drunk girl
i guess i can't tell how drunk she is
but she wants to share a cab with me
and i ask her where she's going and she says rosslyn
9:55 AM then some dude starts hitting on her and i just continue lookin for a cab
and i was pretty relieved, but she blew the guy off and still wanted to share a cab
i just told her i'd get her a cab then get in the next one
9:56 AM then she went on about some master's program she's in and started to sound really snooty, got all random
i got her a cab but she insisted i get in too, so i did and told the guy to go to my place
me: ...
9:57 AM Dave: she sat in the middle, next to me and went on about snooty things i don't really remember
and then she wanted to add me on facebook
me: did you just meet her outside, or was she at the party?
Dave: just randomly outside
she had nothing to do with the party
9:58 AM so i let her find me on her smartphone but said i wouldn't approve her unless she kissed me (???)
she said something like, "i barely know you"
me: hahahahahahahahahahaha
Dave: hahaha
glad you laughed
there's one other embarrassing thing i said
so
she gives me this tiny milisecond peck that was barely anything
i get out of the cab and say
9:59 AM "think i'm gonna approve your friend request with a kiss like that?" and then i shut the door and went home
me: hahahahahahahaha
Dave: yeah
me: ...did you approve
10:00 AM Dave: haha, eventually i gave in
wanted to look at pictures
etc.
me: haaaaaaaa
Dave: Works at Booz Allen Hamilton
me: she really wants facebook friends, huh
Dave: haha
10:01 AM she thought she was all importantly 'cause she works for the dept. of homeland security
through booz allen i guess
"consultants"
Political Views Don't hate me because I'm REPUBLICAN
me: red flag
10:02 AM Dave: yeah, there were a gazillion red flags
me: tl;dr
10:03 AM Dave: true
me: but just the amount of self descriptors gives me an idea of what kind of person she is
Dave: yup!
like within 5 seconds of meeting her i know she's in an MBA program
tigas

Hope that wasn't too annoying to read. Not my proudest moment, but hey, at least I remember it!

Ok, going to eat this late as shoose dinner and then I'll be able to write some more on a full stomach.

30 Minutes later...

And that was pretty fucking incredible. And you were texting me too. Should have written this shit today!

Then, Sunday the 15th...

Woke up pretty early and expected a shitty day, but was surprised with some amazing weather. Had been given Nationals tickets on Friday, but left them at the office thinking the game would get rained out. I invited Justin and AVG who both were down, so off we went. Went to the museum first to grab the tickets, then walked the mile or so to the stadium. We missed the 1st inning where the Nats decided to kick some ass and get 6 runs. The rest of the game was pretty sweet but no inning like that. Baseball! Kicked ass. I think I've decided that baseball beats football. Don't tell anyone.

Got back from the game, and bullshitted around until I met up with Ben and his girlfriend Amber up at Chief Ike's. Sat down, nice night out, drank a couple beers, but there were 3 fucking insane people out front. We were minding our own business but they didn't give a shit about that. First the dude sits with us and is kind of funny, full of nervous energy, and would do this really high pitched, "Iiiii knowwww" after everything he said. This had us cracking up. But still crazy. Then dude moved on, and there was this other guy who was just being a dick/crazy, but kind of kept his distance from us. I avoided eye contact. Then this woman in her 50's sits down with us and is like, grilling Ben about LIFE and shit. Saying all this bullshit like, "Americans are such idiots," yeah, I know, and I started to bet pretty annoyed. Finally I was like, "hey, nobody fucking cares, why the fuck are you sitting here?" And she barely acknowledged that. I said, "Hey, you don't have to sit here, nobody gives a fuck what you're talking about," but she just kept going so finally we fine highed. Holy shit that was annoying.

Then had a pretty good week of work, hangouts, reading, Phish, etc. Nothing too eventful during the week. Have been destroying the gym. Feels good.

Oh I watched The Social Network. Awesome movie, made me feel really unaccomplished. Loved the acting, directing, typical Aaron Sorkin dialogue, and the Reznor soundtrack was perfect. Hope he scores more movies. Made me want to listen to some old Nine Inch Nails. Haven't listened to them in forever. But I probably won't. We'll see. Also, I actually put Bullitt in to watch it, and then was interrupted by something. That I forget right now. But now it's right next to the PS3, I'm going to watch it this week. How many years ago did you buy that thing?

Thursday I hung out with Jon Lever for a bit, drank a couple beers then went to Angles for a few more. Had the next Friday off so I wasn't watching what I drank, but I also kept it light. Then walked home in the rain. Much like your experiences out there, I bet. It stopped raining when I got home. Obviously.

Friday, day off, awesome breakfast/brunch, destroyed the gym. Went with Amber. Came back here, made some smoothies, then dicked around. Ali from Al Jazeera called me up, I went to Public in Tenleytown for a single beer, and she bought me a shot of tequila before I could refuse. I am now telling people to not buy me shots beforehand. After that, went to Angles, as Ben had reserved the back room (which is free) for a welcome to DC/Graduation party for Amber, as her graduation festivities had to be canceled due to the Tuscaloosa Tornado.

That was a great time, pitchers of Angles Amber (how appropriate [obvious]) and games of pool, and juke box, etc. A lot of laughs and you can see the pictures. And then things kind of go blank, I failed. Have to adjust my drinking amounts 2000, fuzzy. We went to Ike's which I kind of remember, and then I woke up. I think I hung out with some dude who lives in the building. There was a mystery Bud Light can sitting on the floor. Half full/empty depending on your level of optimism currently. Ouch. Shitty.

Saturday, Garber came over and I cooked a pretty incredible breakfast/brunch. Then we walked to Georgetown and met up with Flora at Urban Outfitter's, best place. Garber walked off to work, I chilled with Flow while she shopped and then we walked over to Garber's work to see if he had finished yet. He hadn't so we went to Harry's and sat down for a pitcher of Yuengling. Finally heard from Garber then walked back to the White House, and then walked to Glover Park so Flora could walk her dog. Long fucking day of walking, but it felt incredible. She drove us back to the PC, and then we went and shot hoops. Took me a while to find my shot, but it happened, kind of, but not really. It was pretty sweet though.

Then we chilled, went to Alero in Columbia Heights which sucked ass. Damn that sucked. The food was alright, but everything else was awful. Terrible music, green laser beams, stupid shit. 3 people asked us if we wanted refills on our chips & salsa, I said no 3 times, and then they brought us chips anyway. And of course we ate them. We did not however eat the 3rd round that they brought out. Had a Pacifico, beer is incredible. I always forget that I prefer Pacifico to Sol, but not anymore. So we'll say, "I know longer forget...."

Came back to my place, Garber played BioShock, I listened to Phish and drank some Bell's Amber. Pretty good stuff. We then go out to meet Garber's girlfriend Katie and her friends having some drinks at Pharmacy Bar. I finally get to try the DC Brau out of a can, and it was just as good if not better. They all wanted to dance and mentioned Napoleon...I walked them up there, ("WALKED THEM", jeez) and walked into this pile of douche and sweat and dancers. I gave it the old college try, danced a bit, but finally gave up, "good hangin' out all," and said my goodbyes. Garber came with me, and we went to Ike's. Got a few Natty Bohs and hung out until last call. No blackouts, no shots, success!

Sunday! This is getting long.

Woke up early, and metro'd out to Grosvenor to meet up with AVG. We went to Baltimore where Justin had secured us 2 free Orioles/Nationals tickets. Seriously, baseball! Drank some beers, p'd the b, grilled, went to the game. Sat in the lower level and never had to move, great seats between 3rd base and the outfield. No foul balls, but saw a great game in spite of the Nationals' losing. Because of one homerun.

Finally made it back to DC, and hit up Ben. Went to Ike's, then Asylum, then Millie & Al's. Had some beers and some pizza. Was an awesome day.

Jeez this thing is long.

Today, I destroyed the gym, and then shot hoops and threw the football around with Ben. Came home, p'd the b, Phish, cleaned, cooked an incredible dinner. Overall, operation adulthood looks to be a success. I need to take more fucking pictures with this camera. I've taken a few, perhaps I'll upload those now/tonight/maybe/not.

Tell Susanna hello. "Literally."

-Brother

4 comments:

  1. "think i'm gonna approve your friend request with a kiss like that?"

    Moments like this make me rue the fact that I can't spend every waking second with you. Every sleeping second, too.

    -Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts keep getting better. SLAMMED the door after that genius line. The movie we started to make is gonna be adapted to include all of your shenanigans.
    Put some stride in your step,
    Brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake read this aloud to me as we cruised/struggled and sweated with no AC down to MD. Incredible. I don't even know you anymore. I don't know if I even CARE to know you after a stunt like that.. who am I kidding, lemme get your autograph.

    ReplyDelete