Friday, May 6, 2011

Jeez to This Shoose

Hey Brother,

Apologies for not updating regularly. ApoloJEEZ.

It's Friday, and I'm seeing you tomorrow, so I better get all this out so you are up to date on the goings on.

Also, I just found out that I love Silver Jews. Band is pretty incredible. Reminds me of Pavement, and then I looked 'em up:

"Silver Jews was an indie rock band from New York City, formed in 1989 by David Berman along with Pavement'sStephen Malkmus and Bob Nastanovich. "

Last weekend was pretty fucking cool.

Friday was the Caps game, we started drinking at 7 for it, and shit went up/downhill from there. Went to Ikes, shots, pool, hilarity. Coworker buddy of mine who is cool, and Mike Joyce, and Ben. We were done by 11pm, which was when everyone was getting to the bar. I don't remember much, but that half-Iranian chick was going in as we were leaving, I may or may not have hugged her and invited her over to hang. But she was just getting to the bar and I probably looked like Barney Gumble.

Saturday was pretty sweet, woke up, drank about 9 iced coffees then somehow made it to the gym and destroyed it. Then I met up with Seamus & Annie, and went out to P. Sull's folk's place out in MIDDLETOWN, Md. Shit is far away. Drank beers with the Matt & Grace show, Blake, Katie Kane, etc. Had a good time there chattin' it up. Blake's parents were pretty awesome, ED Courlang is a hero. Drank Raging Bitch and then some Jameson out of the bottle. Seamus got drunk off of 4 beers and passed out as soon as we got in the car.

Got dropped off at the Greenbelt metro which was pretty sweet, and then not one but TWO cousins got in touch with me. Justin was going to TomTom (best place) and Brandon was at Grand Central (also the best place). I ended up meeting Brandon at Angles then went to The Reef rooftop. It was getting late but I felt pretty good, drank a few beers. I was talking to this chick which was fun, but she's moving to Pittsburgh in a month. Brandon and his lady disappeared, turns out he was kicked out for spitting off the deck. I went to Ike's but didn't drink anything, then Brandon called wanting to meet up, p the b, etc. I see him across the ways in front of Pollo Granjero (ACTUALLY the best place) and 2 dudes cat-called his girlfriend. HILARITY ensued, and by hilarity I mean I had to run over and break up the fight. Brandon was kicking these 2 dude's ASSES, but for not for a good reason, so I yelled some shit and then dragged his ass back across the street. The walk signal saved the day. Then we hung out and chatted for a few hours, didn't get to bed until 4am.

Jeez to this blog.

Sunday was pretty awesome as well. Chilled until it was Caps time, Flora, Jon Lever, Garber, and Ben came over, we drank beers and watched in horror as we fucked up shit 2000. Ah well.

This past week was pretty awesome, kicked some ass at the gym, etc. Other than the Caps that is. Hung out with Danny, Ang, Keith, and Jo a ton, met Jo's brother Bernie, guy is a hero. Weekend at Bernies, best movie! Went out last night with Keith, Jo, Bernie, Ben, and Keith's sister. Ikes, then Millie & Al's, then Heaven & Hell. First time there, it was pretty awful, but hilarious, and I was absolutely BENT at that point. "Bent" is Bernie's word that I stole. They all got jumbo slice but I abstained, HOWEVER, BlackoutDave got McDonald's, he's a fucking asshole.

I'll see you tomorrow. Hope this blog made some sense. I'm off to the gym, then a BBQ at my friend Malaka's place in Shaw.

I'm not even going to read over this post, though I may later and edit it.

1 comment:

  1. No editing needed. All made sense 'cause we be brothers.

    Jeez to most of it - that fight sounds silly, gonna have to hear a bit more.

    Regardless, love the updates and appreciate it immensely. Bonus is you writing.

    See you tomorrow! Beers!

    ReplyDelete