Thursday, May 12, 2011

Been a Long Week

Hey Brother,

The concept of this blog gets negated if you call and text me all the time. Haha, and currently I am receiving texts from you, so I guess now is as good a time as ever to write some shit down. Writing this at work, but this will count for my "break." I'm all caught up on shit.

I've been Cable TV / Internet free since Tuesday, and it is fucking liberating. But you know that already because you sent me that text. But I think it's worth noting again. I haven't been watching any shit on tv recently, so what's the point? Fuck Comcast, RCN is coming on Saturday to set up the net, so I guess I'll join Netflix or something. Or just watch all of your DVDs.

In last week's episode, our Hero had just bid you farewell and took off back to DC. Walked home from Danny & Ang's, relaxed for a bit then set out to meet up with a co-worker, and head to another co-worker's party in Columbia Heights. Off Euclid between 15th and 16th.

Waiting for him at home got boring, so I just walked up there and got a beer at Lou's City Bar. One of the most generic bars of all time, but they had Bells Two Hearted (or was it Oberon?) either way it was delicious. Sparked up a conversation with the dude next to me and it turned out he was a film critic that had just been laid off from TBD. Nerded out a bit until Kevin (the co-worker) got to the area.

Went to the party, and it turns out this was a fucking liquor party. Ne'er a beer in sight. That's a lie, I just wanted to type out "ne'er." There were only 6 or so beers in the fridge, so I grabbed one. I also brought a bottle of Evan Williams. It was pretty much a Latin themed party. There was a piƱata and these empanadas that were fucking incredible. One beer, shots of whiskey, shots of tequila, and things got blurry. Talked everyone's ear off, and then apparently there was some dancing involved. I think I was salsa-ing. And merengueing. Wonder what the fuck that looked like. In other news, I've decided to stop blacking out. The word "apparently" should no longer appear on this blog ever again, from this day forth.

Sunday was Mother's Day, woke up sans hangover but did sleep until noon. Met the folks out at Wheaton and visited the grandparents. It was a pretty funny visit, here's something funny:

Larry: oh so
grandma called me yesterday for the card I gave her for mothers day
me: yeah?
Larry: and she talked about you for like 10 minutes
me: hahahahahahahaha
Larry: because of your weight loss
me: that must've felt like an eternity
Larry: she asked if I had seen you, so I said yeah I see him a bunch, so she started asking alllll these questions
you blew her mind
ohhh man
an eternity is right
me: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
well hey at least she can still carry on a conversation
Larry: very true
it takes a while
but very true
and she then said "you have to get rid of that big black beard"
haha
me: hahaha
Larry: i told her I did
me: nice
Larry: and hse didnt believe me
so i said to call mom
me: amazing
hahaha
Larry: anyway
fun story
me: agreed

Hah!

Afterwards, we got dinner then I was dropped off at metro. Walked a couple miles around the city, walked back up through Meridian Hill Park, stopped at the drum circle. Haha you just texted me again. Patience! The weather was too perfect not to drink some cold beers, so I went to Asylum and all the regulars were there. There's always arts & crafts shit going on there too, so that was cool. I didn't participate but drank some cold beers and talked to everyone, enjoyed myself.

Monday, work, gym, hangouts. Actually wound up back at Asylum but didn't really drink, just chilled with Ben. Had one DC Brau.

Tuesday, cancelled the FUCK out of cable tv and internet. Went home, it had been turned off, so I listened to Phish while I read The Omnivore's Dilemma. Then I was invited out by this girl Camille to Marvin. She has a lot of guy friends, but she seems to love me. Nothing's going to happen with her, I don't think, but hey, new friends. Walked to Marvin, had 2 Stellas and a shot of Jameson, then moved on to Touchdown where I had a Snapperhead IPA, and 2 Brew Free or Die IPAs. Those were delicious. And free since she knew the manager. Then I walked home, up 18th street, and resisted buying any food, which seemed miraculous at the time.

Wednesday, worked, then destroyed the gym, then Ben "the asshole" Dennis called me and suggested we go out for a drink with his friend Katie. Was trying to avoid drinking last night but shit happens. Went to the downstairs bar at The Black Squirrel, drank 1 DC Brau, 1 Racer 5 IPA. Stopped off at Ikes for a couple High Life tall-boys, and we were greeted with a shot of Jameson on the house. Obviously I drink too much and should cut back. Plan is tonight to meet Danny & Ang at Nanny O'briens. Maybe I'll just drink a couple vodka sodas. Maybe. Finger's crossed. Hopefully the few readers of this blog were too lazy to read this far in. Too much drinking this past week. Going to work on that.

Enjoy walking, and stuff. Will write more soon! Perhaps about non-drinking activities, like staying home, reading, interesting shit like that.

1 comment:

  1. Brohim. We are forever drinking buddies.
    Love,
    Brother

    ReplyDelete